Guacamole is a Mexican dish of Aztec origin made from avocados. You can serve it as a dip, spread, or to accompany your favourite meals and snacks, such as tacos, sandwiches, pizzas, vegetable sticks, or chips. Mexican Fuzion presents this authentic guacamole recipe made easy for every occasion.
- 2 ripened Hass avocados
- 15 mL of lime juice
- 3 tablespoons freeze-dried cilantro (coriander) or 9 tablespoons fresh cilantro (wash cilantro leaves previously if fresh and chop finely)
- 3 tablespoons finely diced Spanish onion
- 3½ tablespoons finely diced tomatoes (preferably Italian tomato)
- Salt and pepper
- Cut the avocado in half, separate the seed and scoop out the avocado pulp.
- Place the pulp in a bowl and keep the seeds aside.
- Mash the avocado with a fork.
- After you mash the pulp from each avocado mix it with some of the lime juice.
- Repeat this operation until you have all the pulp mixed in with the lime juice.
- Add to the pulp cilantro, onion, tomato and mix together with a fork.
- Add Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the avocado seeds on top of the guacamole. The seeds will help keep the guacamole fresh longer.
- Place a plastic wrap on top of the guacamole sealing it and let it rest preferably at least 20 minutes. Guacamole should be served the same day. Keep refrigerated before serving.
Originating from the Mexican town of Motul (Yucatán), Huevos Motuleños is a delicious brunch recipe. It is traditionally made with eggs served on top of refried beans and a fried tortilla called a tostada, and with cheese on top. It can also be served with other toppings such as ham, green peas, plantains, and salsa.
- 4 Fried White Corn Tortillas or premade Tostadas
- Half a can of Refried Beans (Refried Beans Recipe Made Easy)
- 4 eggs over hard
- 60ml Mexican Salsa or according to taste
- 30g Ham (optional)
- 15g Cooked Green peas (optional)
- Shredded white cheese (Mozzarella or Monterrey Jack) according to taste
You can make your own salsa and tostadas, or you can buy them premade, such as:
4 Tostadas with White Corn Tortilla
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 4 Corn Tortillas
- Heat the cooking oil in the frying pan on medium high.
- Fry the tortilla on one side, and flip over when it is ready.
4 Eggs over hard
- 4 eggs
- 4 teaspoons of cooking oil
- Heat the cooking oil in the frying pan on medium.
- Fry the eggs until the bottom is ready, then flip over to cook the other side.
Huevos Motuleños Recipe Made Easy
- Warm the salsa to room temperature (optional).
- Spread the black refried beans evenly on the tostada.
- Add the egg.
- Add the salsa.
- Add the Ham (optional).
- Add the Cooked Green Peas (optional).
- Add the Shredded Cheese.
Refried Beans Recipe Made Easy
This is my Refried Beans Recipe Made Easy. Refried beans are used in many mexican recipes, as a side-dish, or you can serve them with tortilla chips. Enjoy!
- 2 teaspoons cooking oil
- Half a can of refried black beans 546 ml
- 1 tablespoon shredded white cheese (Mozzarella or Monterrey Jack)
- 1 tablespoon diced white onion
The brand of refried beans we prefer are La Costena:
- In a frying pan on medium, add the oil and blanch the white onion.
- Add the refried beans.
- Cook while constantly stirring for 5 minutes or until it starts simmering.
- Add the cheese and mix together until the cheese blends in.
Welcome to Mexican Fuzion!
Wanting to keep alive my Mexican culinary heritage present in my life in Canada, I present this blog. The objective of this blog is to share healthy Mexican recipes made easy for everyday cooking. It is a fuzion of traditional Mexican meals with ingredients found in Canadian supermarkets and adapted for active life styles.