Guacamole is a Mexican dish of Aztec origin made from avocados. You can serve it as a dip, spread, or to accompany your favourite meals and snacks, such as tacos, sandwiches, pizzas, vegetable sticks, or chips. Mexican Fuzion presents this authentic guacamole recipe made easy for every occasion.
- 2 ripened Hass avocados
- 15 mL of lime juice
- 3 tablespoons freeze-dried cilantro (coriander) or 9 tablespoons fresh cilantro (wash cilantro leaves previously if fresh and chop finely)
- 3 tablespoons finely diced Spanish onion
- 3½ tablespoons finely diced tomatoes (preferably Italian tomato)
- Salt and pepper
- Cut the avocado in half, separate the seed and scoop out the avocado pulp.
- Place the pulp in a bowl and keep the seeds aside.
- Mash the avocado with a fork.
- After you mash the pulp from each avocado mix it with some of the lime juice.
- Repeat this operation until you have all the pulp mixed in with the lime juice.
- Add to the pulp cilantro, onion, tomato and mix together with a fork.
- Add Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the avocado seeds on top of the guacamole. The seeds will help keep the guacamole fresh longer.
- Place a plastic wrap on top of the guacamole sealing it and let it rest preferably at least 20 minutes. Guacamole should be served the same day. Keep refrigerated before serving.