Originating from the Mexican town of Motul (Yucatán), Huevos Motuleños is a delicious brunch recipe. It is traditionally made with eggs served on top of refried beans and a fried tortilla called a tostada, and with cheese on top. It can also be served with other toppings such as ham, green peas, plantains, and salsa.
- 4 Fried White Corn Tortillas or premade Tostadas
- Half a can of Refried Beans (Refried Beans Recipe Made Easy)
- 4 eggs over hard
- 60ml Mexican Salsa or according to taste
- 30g Ham (optional)
- 15g Cooked Green peas (optional)
- Shredded white cheese (Mozzarella or Monterrey Jack) according to taste
You can make your own salsa and tostadas, or you can buy them premade.
4 Tostadas with White Corn Tortilla
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 4 Corn Tortillas
- Heat the cooking oil in the frying pan on medium high.
- Fry the tortilla on one side, and flip over when it is ready.
4 Eggs over hard
- 4 eggs
- 4 teaspoons of cooking oil
- Heat the cooking oil in the frying pan on medium.
- Fry the eggs until the bottom is ready, then flip over to cook the other side.
Huevos Motuleños Recipe Made Easy
- Warm the salsa to room temperature (optional).
- Spread the black refried beans evenly on the tostada.
- Add the egg.
- Add the salsa.
- Add the Ham (optional).
- Add the Cooked Green Peas (optional).
- Add the Shredded Cheese.